Black, white, or hunter green NON-LOGO or GMS LOGO polo
Any top with a LOGO other than the Garfield Middle School
T-shirts are not NOT PERMITTED.
Black or Khaki pants, shorts, or skirt.
Black, white, or hunter green sweatpants.
Leggings are NOT PERMITTED.
Any shoe of one's choosing are allowed
EXCEPT for SLIDES, SANDALS, & SLIPPERS
Hats, scarves and bandanas are NOT PERMITTED.
***Scarves CAN BE WORN for RELIGIOUS purposes ONLY.***
*Forms can also be found in the Main Office*
Please SUBMIT the Completed Order Form and Form of Payment (Cash or Check) to the GMS Main Office.
Additional RPS Schools' Dress Code Policies:
The following are NOT considered appropriate dress within ALL RPS schools:
- All pants, shorts, and skirts worn below waist level and/or which allow undergarments to be visible at any time
- Pajamas or sleepwear, slippers
- Undergarments worn as outer garments
- Athletic and workout clothes worn unnecessarily outside of the gym/field house, including spandex, Lycra, and yoga pants (leggings)
- Jackets or other outdoor wear, including gloves, as indoor dress
- Headgear of any sort, including hats, sweatbands, bandanas, kerchiefs, hoods, headphones/radios, etc.
- Shirts with obscene, distracting or inappropriate symbols, language, or affiliation as determined by the Administration.
- Bare-midriff shirts, strapless shirts, low-cut blouses, backless dresses, tank tops, and other shirts deemed by the administration to be too revealing
- Mini-skirts, bikini shorts, short-shorts
- Any garment or ornament determined or perceived by an administrator to be gang-related in nature
- Footwear that can be considered a safety hazard to the student or students in general (e.g. flip flops, slides)
- Shoes/sneakers that have laces that are neither tied nor tucked in.
- Articles of clothing that cause excessive maintenance problems, such as cleats on boots, shoes that scratch floors, and trousers with metal rivets that scratch furniture.
- No student shall wear headgear of any sort in the school building except for religious purposes, as directed by school personnel for safety purposes, for special events or activities or where permission is given by the appropriate administrator.
- The administrator reserves the right to confiscate all headgear for the remainder of the school year.
- The school reserves the right to send students home when their manner of dress is deemed a distracting influence or a danger to health and safety of others or to themselves.
- Detention and/or suspension will be assigned for repeated offenses. In order for their child to remain in school and attend classes, a parent/guardian will be contacted so that they can bring an appropriate change of dress for the student.
- Final judgment on the appropriateness of a student's attire belongs to the school administration.